Thursday 17 November 2011

Family

     My side of the family...ugh I get so frustrated. My side of the family has this brain malfunction that tells them "You live in America so speak English". First of all America doesn't have an official language so don't tell me I need to speak English, this is why we have a diverse place. This way of thinking started with my Great, Great Grandfather who made the mistake and didn't know until too late. It has been passed down for a little too late. It started from my Great, Great Grandfather Barrel, then to his daughter my Great Grandma Cele, to her son my Grandpa Dick, to his son my father Brian and to one of my sisters Tiffany. They have such a hate for other languages. I understand when they don't understand something but to be rude or make smart remark is very uncalled for and it hurts my feelings.

     My Grandmother has the same feelings and she feels that Nastya wont learn English when she should and will have a hard time with it.I explained to her my thoughts and my feelings on this and she still insists it is bad. She has a valid point but at what point to we say that the way of their thinking is old and more as a racial discrimination. She asked that in her home if I would speak English to her. Out of respect for my Grandmother who I adore and care for very much I will respect her. So now begins the lesson of teaching her English.

     Now if I repeat words its ok repetition is the key!

New words

Bottle

Boo-till-ka

Blow dryer

Fan

Ball

My-atch

Balloon

Sh-ar-eek

Sweater

Svee-ter

Lips

Goo-bee

Peas

Gorokh

Watermelon

Ar-boos

Pear

Groo-she

Tomato

Pamee-door

Cucumber

Ah-goo-rets

Pickle

Sa-loinee Ah-goo-rets

Ring

Kal-stou

No comments:

Post a Comment